This will be a one or two day workshop depending on people's experience and skill.
I will provide all the materials to create a fully functional CNC with a 500mW IR Laser - perfect for engraving items and cutting through thin materials.
Every one will need a laptop or desktop to do testing and tuning. I have some you can borrow. You can use Mac,, PC,, Linux,, Raspi,, and even your Android tablet.
You can use Universal Gcode Sender on any of these platforms (free). If you are using Windows,, I suggest LaserGRBL.com software.
Please RSVP soon so I know if I should expand the class or not.
In this workshop,, we will:
- Look at resources for CNC equipment and discuss quality and pricing.
- Assemble the CNC frame,, discuss support and expansion.
- Install drive systems and drag chains and discuss other options.
- Install components and discuss the functions of each component.
- Wire everything together and discuss strategies and dangers of a live system.
- Customize and install GRBL firmware on an Arduino.
- Install and tune the Arduino controller to communicate with our equipment.
- Do final component and install check.
- Discuss reflectivity and absorption of materials.
- Learn and use Gcode commands to create custom functions.
- Do a full test run!!
Saturday: 11:30AM to 7:00PM - We will take plenty of breaks.
Sunday: 12:30PM to 7:00PM if necessary or desired.
If you just want to sit in,, watch,, and ask questions: $60