Yeah... You heard of it. But what can you do with IoT? What's in it for you?
Your wait to learn about IoT is over. In this 2 hour packed with information you will learn:
• What is IoT?
• What can we do with it
• How to set-up and use a Wi-fi enabled Arduino-like board (ESP8266 - NodeMCU)
• How to wire and get information from a sensor (Temperature & Humidity)
• How to set-up and use an IoT cloud service (MQTT Broker)
• How to send data from the device to cloud
• How to consume cloud data in your device
• How to send action events to your device
Please bring your laptop: you won't be able to attend this class without it...
We'll have kits for use during the class (for sale if you want to buy them after the training).
Pre-requisites: Arduino 101 workshop (Arduino IDE installation and usage, loading sketches to board, serial monitoring and basic coding) or equivalent knowledge.
Max class size of 5.
Donations: Accepted - certainly not necessary.
These donations keep the SnoCo Makerspace alive & open. Please use the PayPal link on our snocomakers.org website to pre-pay. Cash or Check @ the door is fine.
Please see these important workshop guidelines before RSVPing: http://snocomakers.com/documents/WorkshopGuidelines.pdf We are looking for people to host workshops; do you have a maker-related skill basic or advanced you could share with others? Charge what you like for a workshop, we will help you with attracting members, and providing space. We ask for 50% of the workshop fees after your expenses or the entire amount can be credited as membership dues.