Have you ever wanted to create your own project using Arduino but without the Uno board? Arduino Bare Metal: this is all about taking the AT Mega 328 microcontroller (Arduino Uno brain) and creating a functional Arduino-like circuit.
1. Arduino 101 workshop (Arduino IDE installation and usage, loading sketches to board, serial monitoring and basic coding) or equivalent knowledge.
2. Computer setup - All you need is Arduino IDE. If you still don't have it or you don't know what Arduino IDE is, this workshop is not for you - yet!
3. Please bring your laptop: you won't be able to attend this class without one...
In this 2.5 hours packed with information you will learn:
- How to assemble a bare metal circuit using a breadboard (like the one in the picture)
- Loading the bootloader into the microcontroller chip
- Understand the difference between SPI and UART interfaces (when to use each when interfacing with Microcontrollers to load your sketch)
- Load sketches to your board
- Alternatives for powering your bare metal circuit
- Debug the circuit and common troubleshooting scenarios We'll have kits for use during the class. Max class size of 4.
Upfront Payment required to attend this workshop!